Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/26 09:45:00 UTC

What is a Service Bean ?

Hi folks,

In most of the threads in the SOAP list I see
that folks are using the term "Service Bean".
Is Service Bean something akin to a normal
Java Class that is deployed at the Well Known
URN endpoint in TOmcat.

Does it have anything to do with an EJB ?

Also can an EJB bean be used deployed at remote
URN endpoint in Tomcat instead of an ordinary java
object. In other words can I expose the EJB to
directly
receive SOAP messages or should I receive it at
at an endpoint via an normal java object and then
foward the call to an EJB  Bean ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: What is a Service Bean ?

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.
> In most of the threads in the SOAP list I see
> that folks are using the term "Service Bean".
> Is Service Bean something akin to a normal
> Java Class that is deployed at the Well Known
> URN endpoint in TOmcat.

I have no idea if this is an official term, but I've used it to mean the
JavaBean that is automatically invoked to handle (service) a SOAP request.
In my case, it's just a normal java class that has method signatures that
match the description used in the SOAP calls.

David

Re: What is a Service Bean ?

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.