Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by BUFFET Philippe <ph...@airbus.com> on 2003/09/12 13:43:20 UTC

SVG Conformance Test Suite 1.1 - linkuri tests

Hi all,

	I would like to have some precision about the SVG Conformance Test
Suite 1.1. I am looking for a full implementation of the SVG Full profile
1.1 and I must confess that Batik is currently , in my opinion, the best
viewer I have tested as regards Test Suite Conformance.

	Despite that, i have a question about the specific tests :
linking-uri-01-b and linking-uri-02-b which are "ok" accorting to the W3
Consortium. But, it seems that the viewer does not visualize the view target
attribute of the view element that normally highlights an item.
	Is Batik able to handle the "view target"? What is the normal
behaviour concerning the "view target"? actually it may be possible that i
don't understand the interest and/or the effects produced by a "view
target"..

	Thanks to all, this mailing list is really great..

		Philippe

Re: SVG Conformance Test Suite 1.1 - linkuri tests

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Philippe,

BUFFET Philippe wrote:
>         I would like to have some precision about the SVG Conformance
> Test Suite 1.1. I am looking for a full implementation of the SVG Full
> profile 1.1 and I must confess that Batik is currently , in my opinion,
> the best viewer I have tested as regards Test Suite Conformance.

     Thanks.

>         Despite that, i have a question about the specific tests :
> linking-uri-01-b and linking-uri-02-b which are "ok" accorting to the W3
> Consortium. But, it seems that the viewer does not visualize the view
> target attribute of the view element that normally highlights an item.
 >
>         Is Batik able to handle the "view target"? What is the normal
> behaviour concerning the "view target"? actually it may be possible that
> i don't understand the interest and/or the effects produced by a "view
> target"..

     There is a little of both.  When a view is activated Batik
'highlights' the viewTarget by zooming and centering on the item.
There is (previously unknown to me) a viewTarget attribute on the
root SVG element which Batik does appear to currently ignore.

     It probably would be nice if there were options to highlight
various objects (like 'a' elements, and viewTargets).  This would most
reasonably be implemented using an overlay on the canvas.

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Philippe,

    Sorry if this appears twice but I sent it last night and it
didn't seem to appear.