Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2016/01/07 21:07:33 UTC

Python client

I talked to Alejandro a while back about submitting my Python client (https://github.com/jimbobhickville/python-ambariclient) and he was in favor of it, but I let it fall on the backburner due to pressing issues at work.  I'd like to contribute it now, but I have a couple questions:

1. How does Apache manage Pypi releases for their projects?  I've already released it under my own account, but I can transfer it as needed.
2. Do we only do Pypi releases when new Ambari versions are released or can we do them out-of-band to fix client-only bugs? I don't believe the old client was released to Pypi, so this might be something I need to ask of a Python-based Apache project liked libcloud.

I'm slightly concerned about transferring it without having a commit bit.  I don't expect a lot of committers will want to contribute to it, and that's fine, but I'd hate to have to wait a long time to get changes from my team committed.  Any suggestions for how to make sure it gets attention from committers when changes are needed?

Greg