Posted to general@commons.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/10/18 19:46:47 UTC

Common projects was Granularity of Codebases?

--On Friday, October 18, 2002 10:35 AM -0700 Scott Sanders
<ss...@nextance.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  This has shown to work very well in jakarta-commons.  When
> httpclient started taking up over 1/2 of the mailing list traffic,
> we just created a httpclient-dev list, while keeping all the lower
> traffic projects together on the dev list.

*laugh*

This is further reason that we need to arrange things by function
rather than by language within the ASF.

Can I take it that httpclient-dev@ is the ASF Java-based HTTP client?
People had told us they thought there was something, but they
couldn't tell us where it was or who was a contact person.  Perhaps
you know (are you involved?).

FWIW, there's also been some work in a C HTTP client (see apr-serf).
We really ought to try to pool some of our resources together (why I
want to see a reorg occur!).  Is there by any chance a website for
httpclient, or is it just source and mailing lists?

If time permits, I might subscribe to the httpclient-dev@jakarta
list.  Not sure how many more high traffic lists I can take.  --
justin

Re: Common projects was Granularity of Codebases?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
* On 2002-10-18 at 14:51,
  Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> excited the electrons to say:

> FWIW, there's also been some work in a C HTTP client (see apr-serf).

there was talk about moving that to commons.  ?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Common projects was Granularity of Codebases?

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Can I take it that httpclient-dev@ is the ASF Java-based HTTP client?
> People had told us they thought there was something, but they
> couldn't tell us where it was or who was a contact person.  Perhaps
> you know (are you involved?).
>
> FWIW, there's also been some work in a C HTTP client (see apr-serf).
> We really ought to try to pool some of our resources together (why I
> want to see a reorg occur!).  Is there by any chance a website for
> httpclient, or is it just source and mailing lists?

website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

mailing list:
commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org