Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/26 12:21:23 UTC

Re: Best practices to show banners

Is it closer to webisite-pathalias implementation in ofbiz. I found about
pathalias in Content->CMS.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Robert G. <ga...@mercon24.de> wrote:

> I want to archieve a similar thing (content slider on my startpage).
>
> This slider shall include:
> - direct link to a product
> - link to a category
> - link to a content site
>
> To get this, I have to put a link and an image in my backend for each
> slider
> content. I want f.ex. to do it like explained above (do an extra categorie
> for each slider content)...but for doing this Im wondering what the
> following things are:
>
> - related Url
> - alternative Url
> - video Url
>
> I think, that "alternative Url" is handled like an URL rewrite...that I can
> get to the target Url with the "alternative Url"...but if so, what is the
> related and the video Url?
>
> For the image I can use the category image, but can I use f.ex. the related
> Url to put in there a target Url...this Url I could get from my groovy file
> to forward by click to the wanted content...but I do not want to get to the
> category I added...
>
> do you know what I mean?
>
> Would appreciate a comment.

Deepak Agarwal,

Mobile: +91 9501190044

Re: Best practices to show banners

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
While thinking of cms I am thinking in following way:

1) What to show
2) Where to show
3) How to show

*What to show:*
 As I look into ofbiz and bigfish, each has their own way to define it. In
my opinion I have following thoughts:
   a) Content Purpose -> This is to ensure what we are looking for. Lets
say purpose is : BANNER, NEWS, FAQ, WEB_PAGE. So, If I have a menu in my
erp application saying 'Manage Banners' then I will fetch all content whose
purpose is set to 'BANNER'

  Now, what hirerachy I am setting up
        WEBSTORE_CNT (PUBLISH_POINT )

               WEB_STATIC_CONTENT

    BANNER_STATIC                  NEWS                      FAQ

BANNER_TYPE_1            BANNER_TYPE_2
 (Attr imgWidth, imgHeight)

----------------------
|                     |
Banner1        Banner2

Here, all my cms related configurational content goes under
WEB_STATIC_CONTENT hirerachy (It is a top most root under my publish point)
All these are my content Ids. Under BANNER_STATIC I have baaner types which
basically sets banner size in them as attribute. So, every banner I add
should go under any of these types (banner_type_1, banner_type_2).

*How to show:*
* *This becomes very specific to as what we are showing. I think writing
macros would be a better choice for this. @renderBanner , @renderNews

*Where to show:*
I am still evaluating as in how to connect my content out of the box to the
layouts. What I really want is that after adding the banner I want user to
choose the places where
          a) This banner is eligible to be shown (based on it's size)
 This brings a question how to define these places.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Robert G. <ga...@mercon24.de> wrote:

> can you maybe explain it more detailed what you mean? Is it easier with
> that
> to place banner's on ecommerce site?
>
> greetings

Deepak Agarwal,