Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Dragan, Krzysztof" <kd...@ptc.com> on 2018/10/09 17:04:01 UTC

Java 11 Compatibility Problem

Hi,
scanning latest version of Apache Ivy(2.5.0-rc-1) using jdeprscan on jdk11 I noticed two problems with this jar.

These two methods using internal jdk marked for removal and will be deleted:

  *   class org/apache/ivy/util/FileUtil uses deprecated class java/util/jar/Pack200$Unpacker (forRemoval=true)
  *   class org/apache/ivy/util/FileUtil uses deprecated class java/util/jar/Pack200 (forRemoval=true)

Are you planning new release of Apache Ivy in the near future?

Thanks,
Krzysztof Dragan

Re: Java 11 Compatibility Problem

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-10-12, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Equinox JarProcessor [1] seems to use pack200 CLI.

which is propbably going to be removed together with the Java API :-)

Stefan

Re: Java 11 Compatibility Problem

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.
Equinox JarProcessor [1] seems to use pack200 CLI.

1.
https://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git/plain/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.jarprocessor/src/org/eclipse/internal/provisional/equinox/p2/jarprocessor/JarProcessor.java

Gintas

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.