Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rolf Zelder <ro...@stratumcomms.com> on 2005/03/11 01:26:58 UTC

Tuning of Tomcat 5.5

Hi Guys

For the last couple of days I tried to find some information regarding
tuning of Tomcat 5.5  Online or as a Book but couldn't find much. Where
could I get any information about this ?

I performed following steps to tune my tomcat.

1. Gave tomcat enough memory to run efficient
2. Increased the accpetCount,min/maxProcessors as well as the compression
for the AJP Connector (see below)

System Config.

Apache + tomcat 5.5 and Jboss 3.2.7

server.xml

        <Connector port="8009"
         minProcessors="50" maxProcessors="500" debug="0"
         enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="1000"
         compression="on" connectionTimeout="100000" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

Cheers
  Rolf

Rolf Zelder
Senior Software Architect
Stratum Communications
16-22 Eastern Rd, South Melbourne,
Vic, 3205

Notice -This message contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received
this message in error please notify Stratum Communications immediately.