Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeremie <je...@jabber.org> on 2001/08/13 11:35:42 UTC

getting started on mod_jabber

Heya all,

I've finally started working on a mod_jabber for httpd-2.0, utilizing the
ability to plug in new protocols to the codebase.  Since I've only really
just started this weekend, and have spent most of the time getting a feel
for apr and the various structs and apis, I'm not very far yet :)

The good news is that I've gotten enough working to know that it can be
done and won't require any deep-rooted changes, so kudos to the designers
of the various layers, they all seem very thorough and well thought out.
I've checked what little purely test code I have already (based on
mod_echo) into cvs as 'mod_jabber' at
:pserver:anoncvs@jabber.org:/home/cvs.

I'm hoping I can snag a copy of the pop3 module that Ryan was showing off
at OSCon, if anyone could be so kind to point me to it or forward a copy
I'd appreciate it.  And if nobody has started yet, I have some simple C
smtp server code sitting around that I could probably easily turn into a
mod_smtp to work with the pop module, for fun.

Thanks,

Jer

Re: getting started on mod_jabber

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
The easiest place to get the code is from Apache's CVS repository:

:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic/httpd-pop3

I'm going to try to take a look at mod_jabber later this week.   :-)

Ryan