Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric White <ew...@rocksteady.com> on 2002/11/20 23:08:57 UTC

Advice/guidance on stylesheets vs skins

I've synced to CVS and am using the tip sources and having configure
Jetspeed to use JSP

in ..../layouts/html/en/default.jsp there is a line in the <head>
section:

<link href="<%= TurbineResources.getString( "site.stylesheet" ) %>"
type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

which I interpret to mean, go get the site.stylesheet property from
TurbineResources.properties and use that as a stylesheet.

Except that I can't find reference in my TurbineResources.properties
file.

Also, skins seem to govern the portlet rendering.

However, I'd like to govern the layout and navigation tables via a
stylesheet (or skin) but I don't know the appropriate path to take here.

Any suggestions?

thanks.