Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "250635732@qq.com" <25...@qq.com> on 2015/11/26 03:53:25 UTC

NPE throws doing status check

Hi ,

When running job  of step 2 , the following exception can be seen. Using the 1.1-incubating release version, with
hadoop 2.7.1, hbase 0.98.10-hadoop2, hive 1.2

[pool-5-thread-2]:[2015-11-25 19:31:38,805][ERROR][org.apache.kylin.job.tools.HadoopStatusChecker.checkStatus(HadoopStatusChecker.java:91)] - error check status
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.kylin.job.tools.HadoopStatusGetter.get(HadoopStatusGetter.java:56)
at org.apache.kylin.job.tools.HadoopStatusChecker.checkStatus(HadoopStatusChecker.java:56)
at org.apache.kylin.job.common.MapReduceExecutable.doWork(MapReduceExecutable.java:137)
at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.DefaultChainedExecutable.doWork(DefaultChainedExecutable.java:51)
at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
at org.apache.kylin.job.impl.threadpool.DefaultScheduler$JobRunner.run(DefaultScheduler.java:130)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

What could be the root cause ?

Best,
Sun.

250635732@qq.com

Re: Re: NPE throws doing status check

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
​if you're just beginning, it is highly recommended that you start from a
typical sandbox env to exclude all the installation factors.

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
Apache Kylin: http://kylin.io
Github: https://github.com/binmahone

Re: Re: NPE throws doing status check

Posted by "250635732@qq.com" <25...@qq.com>.
Ah, I see. The installations are all manuelly configured and indeed problems
exist with config side. I shall debug more to locate the cause and shall let u know
with any progress.

Best,
Sun.

250635732@qq.com

From: hongbin ma
Date: 2015-11-27 12:17
To: dev
Subject: Re: Re: NPE throws doing status check
Local mode might be a issue, however i have no idea with your env. but if
you're using a standard sandbox env (like hdp sandbox), you don't have to
do any modification as long as you follow our tutorial

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

From: hongbin ma
Date: 2015-11-27 12:08
To: dev

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "250635732@qq.com" <25...@qq.com>.
Sorry, maybe the pic did not show normally. I attached it.

250635732@qq.com

From: 250635732@qq.com
Date: 2015-11-27 10:48
To: dev
The full URL is as following :

http://tts2-VirtualBox:8088/ws/v1/cluster/apps/${job_id}?anonymous=true

I replace the job_id with job_local2013102403_0001 , The following pic show my debug screenshot

250635732@qq.com

From: hongbin ma
Date: 2015-11-27 10:44
To: dev
​where did you get the "job_id", and can you show us the full URL?
in HadoopStatusGetter:53 it replaces "job" to "application", I don't know
if it suites your case

​

Posted by "250635732@qq.com" <25...@qq.com>.
The full URL is as following :

Posted by "250635732@qq.com" <25...@qq.com>.
Hi, hongbin

Yes. After debugged into the code, I found the URL reponse is the following xml pattern :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<RemoteException>
<exception>NumberFormatException</exception>
<message>For input string: "local2013102403"</message>
<javaClassName>java.lang.NumberFormatException</javaClassName>
</RemoteException>

Our job_id is "job_local2013102403_0001"

I cannot see any clue for the numberformat exception. Please help on this.

Best,
Sun.

250635732@qq.com

From: hongbin ma
Date: 2015-11-27 10:34
To: dev
Subject: Re: NPE throws doing status check
the release correspond to branch: v1.1-release, you can checkout the code.

the HadoopStatusChecker visits a URL which contains job status in json, and
parse the text to get the values. The pattern of URL is:

http(s)://${yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address}/ws/v1/cluster/apps/${job_id}?anonymous=true
(check MapReduceExecutable:177)

My guess is that the text returned from your cluster's resource manager is
not as expected, which causes NPE in HadoopStatusGetter.java:56

can you check what is returned from the URL? for the real URL you can
either check backend log(in tomcat/log/kylin.log) or the log icon for each
cubing step.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.