Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mork0075 <mo...@googlemail.com> on 2007/08/15 15:52:11 UTC

Layouting multiple SVG snippets

Hello,

i would be pleased if some would help me to think about some conceptual
things :)

Here's the problem: i have got a address label (in svg format). i would
like to split the page the labels should be printed on into 4 spaces
like this:
-----------
|      |      |
|      |      |
-----------
|      |      |
|      |      |
-----------

Sometimes i would like to print one address label into this page
template and sometimes i would like to print perhaps 5 address labels.
So how should this be solved very generic and clever? I've got this idea:

+ i create another svg file (which represents the page layout) and
insert the address labels via "use"

How would you guys solve this problem in a generic way? (perhaps someday
i would like to print 6 address labels on one page and so one)

thanks in advance :)

Mark

Re: Layouting multiple SVG snippets

Posted by Mork0075 <mo...@googlemail.com>.
This sounds great. I would give you help, but the project i work on has
much more tasks then the svg one :(

Can you give me a teaser how to do this or is it that complex? :)

Posted by Ruud Steltenpool <sv...@steltenpower.com>.
Mork,