Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim Thorburn <im...@nwconx.net> on 2003/01/21 20:21:04 UTC

[users@httpd] .htaccess and PHP

Hi,

I'm still having troubles with PHP and sessions, however I believe the
problem has been narrowed down to the fact that register_argc_argv is set
to OFF on the server with problems, yet ON on all other servers where it
works fine.

So, I thought that I could simply edit the .htaccess in the web root of my
account with the following command:
php_flag register_argc_argv on

However, this causes PHP to cease functioning on the server.

Here is what is in my .htaccess file now:
<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>

Since my hosting company is far more familiar with IIS, I'll need to
specifically ask them to change some settings if they need to be done.  In
most cases, would the above .htaccess commands allow me to change PHP settings?

Thanks
-Tim