Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by vikas manghani <vi...@datamatics.com> on 2010/11/23 07:30:50 UTC

Re: [BULK] RE: Error while starting second instance of application

What I am referring to is the fail-stop nature of log4net i.e."log4net will not throw unexpected exceptions at run-time potentially causing your application to crash.If for any reason, log4net throws an uncaught exception (except for ArgumentException and ArgumentNullException which may be thrown), please send an email to the log4net-user@logging.apache.org mailing list."

Probably I have got this all wrong. But what I need is a way to suppress the log4net exception from showing up to the user in notepad. If there is no such way then I will try to see if I can use XmlConfigurator.Configure to delay the logging mechanism.

Thanks and regards
Vikas Manghani