Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com> on 2011/07/21 07:08:07 UTC

E-commerce site built on Wicket

Wanted to let the user-group know about another successful site built
with Wicket which was launched about 1.5 years ago. I am just getting
around to letting the usergroup know about it, sorry for the delay.  The
url for the site is: http://www.stoneside.com.

The site is a consumer e-commerce site.  We have utilized JQuery to help
with the UI functionality.  We use straight JQuery and do not wrap it
with wiQuery.  The site does utilize a few other open source projects
such as:

Hibernate

Drools [rules engine for performing all pricing and configuration rules]

Spring

Daisy [CMS repository]

The site is currently under a redesign and A/B testing so you may see
one of two versions of the site.  I am unable to provide traffic numbers
at this time.

Thanks to everyone on the user-group for their answers to questions over
the past few years.  In particular and in no order: Igor, Jeremy, and
Martin.

Let me know what you think and if you have questions.

RE: E-commerce site built on Wicket

Posted by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com>.
It is using Daisy as a CMS but mostly just to store content in a JCR for
easy access to place on the pages where needed. It also allows the
business users to modify content on the fly.  The site itself was coded
straight up.

Posted by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Looks pretty nice.

-----