Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Anders Hessellund <he...@itu.dk> on 2006/11/06 21:45:43 UTC

changing an entity

Hi,

how do I change an entity definition? Lets say I have an entity Pizza with
fields: name, price and taste. Now I want to change my entity such that it
still is called Pizza but the fields are now: smell, tag and xyz. How do I
delete the existing definition and insert the new one? It does not have to
happen at runtime.

I've tried changing the entity definition (entitymodel.xml), but when I
start up ofbiz the entity has not changed (at least according to the
webtools' entitymanager).

-- AH

PS. Is there any good search function for the mailinglist? I am sure
someone must have asked a similar question before but I was not able to
find it.

Re: changing an entity

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Yeah It don't change the entity definition although it
will add those fields as the new fields in the entity.

I would also like to know if there is some way to
change the definition of entity.

>PS. Is there any good search function for the
> mailinglist? I am sure
> someone must have asked a similar question before
> but I was not able to
> find it.

Nabble(one of the forums site to maintain the mailing
list of soo many open source project) is maintaining
the mailing list of apache ofbiz.You can search the
mailing list content from :
http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz-f2740.html

and if you are using thunderbird,outlookexpress or
some other mail client to view your email then you can
download the old email from the apache site with the
help of this email address and then search offline on
your own machine with the help of this mail clients :

************************************

To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per
request), mail:
  <of...@incubator.apache.org>

To get an index with subject and author for messages
123-456 , mail:
  <of...@incubator.apache.org>

They are always returned as sets of 100, max 2000 per
request,
so you'll actually get 100-499.

To receive all messages with the same subject as
message 12345,
send an empty message to:
  <of...@incubator.apache.org>

****************************

Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

--- Anders Hessellund <he...@itu.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I change an entity definition? Lets say I
> have an entity Pizza with
> fields: name, price and taste. Now I want to change
> my entity such that it
> still is called Pizza but the fields are now: smell,
> tag and xyz. How do I
> delete the existing definition and insert the new
> one? It does not have to
> happen at runtime.
>
> I've tried changing the entity definition
> (entitymodel.xml), but when I
> start up ofbiz the entity has not changed (at least
> according to the
> webtools' entitymanager).
>
> -- AH
>
> PS. Is there any good search function for the
> mailinglist? I am sure
> someone must have asked a similar question before
> but I was not able to
> find it.

Sponsored Link

Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913