Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/07/13 17:19:11 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7926 Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

If we want to create additional web pages (e.g. for news, feature announcements, howtos) with the same theme as the homepage then we should set up some light-weight system for publishing them easily.  http://blog.getpelican.com/ might be a good option, since it is python-based.

Repo is at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/allura/site/

Also consider switching our web repo from SVN to https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #7926 Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website

Posted by Igor Bondarenko <je...@gmail.com>.
- **status**: in-progress --> review
- **Comment**:

Closed #822.

All code in the svn repo. See README for some instructions.

I think it would be cool to set up a git repo for allura-site. We need to meet these criteria:

- neet to have a repo in  https://git-wip-us.apache.org somewhere (seems like it can be a part of Allura repo even, but I'm not sure we want that)
- site should be in branch "asf-site"
- file a JIRA ticket with infrastructure to setup git based workflow

Can we add a repo to git-wip-us.apache.org somehow? I didn't find any docs on it.

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-current sf-4 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Jul 14, 2015 07:45 AM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

[allura:tickets] Re: #7926 Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website

Posted by Igor Bondarenko <je...@gmail.com>.
That's pretty much all. + `README.md`. The future blog posts/pages will go into `content/` directory. Now it only contains `favicon.ico`, `.htaccess` and `robots.txt`, but those are the same as in previous revisions.

Everything in the root directory except of readme and _src is generated by pelican (`make html`)

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-current sf-4 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Jul 17, 2015 02:04 PM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
For reviewing this, I started glancing at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1691521 and http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1691559   There's a lot of files so can you point me at the ones that are "interesting".  I mean things that aren't standard pelican files and aren't existing from our site already.  So like `pelicanconf.py` and jinja parts of `base.html` and `index.html`.  Anything else?

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-current sf-4 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Jul 17, 2015 01:26 PM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **labels**: sf-current, sf-4, 42cc --> sf-4, 42cc

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-4 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Fri Jul 17, 2015 02:49 PM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

Posted by Igor Bondarenko <je...@gmail.com>.
- **labels**: sf-current, sf-4 --> sf-current, sf-4, 42cc
- **status**: open --> in-progress
- **assigned_to**: Igor Bondarenko

---

** [tickets:#7926] Set up 'pelican' for publishing our website**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** sf-current sf-4 42cc
**Created:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:19 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jul 13, 2015 03:49 PM UTC
**Owner:** Igor Bondarenko

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> closed
- **Comment**:

Sweet, looks good and works well for me.  We'll have to start writing some content soon!

---