Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by NaveenKumar Namachivayam <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/10 02:08:18 UTC

Generate HAR file using JMeter

Hi All,

I am trying to generate HAR files using JMeter for each page navigation in
my application under test.

Could you please give a heads up on how to get started?

I googled, but couldn't get any useful inputs.

--
Thank you,

Regards,
NaveenKumar N
Visit www.QAInsights.com and www.Testifications.com and www.MyTechCube.com

Re: Generate HAR file using JMeter

Posted by Neill Lima <ne...@gmail.com>.
I know about BrowserMob Proxy (https://github.com/lightbody/browsermob-proxy)
that works with Selenium / Webdriver. It would be fine to be used in a
single user test suite so you can get the timings for individual requests.

Now about having that for JMeter sounds a bit unpractical since
BrowserMob's HAR files are quite heavy depending on the complexity of your
app and also would slow down the JMeter tests. I can't imagine routing
hundreds/thousands requests at same time through BMP - it would require
heavy processing power and the HAR file can go up to a few Gbs, making it
useless.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
The short answer is write your own listener (or use any listener that
allows you to write code) and generate whatever output file you want.
However - you do need to remember JMeter is NOT a browser. The information
it captures and what it can report to you is not equivalent to what a
browser can. You need to look at differences before you decide if JMeter is
the tool you want to use for this purpose.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM, NaveenKumar Namachivayam <