Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il> on 2003/05/09 19:13:32 UTC

Validator 'required' question - please help

Hi all,

I am using the Struts 1.1 beta3 version and in my validator.xml I have
written:

		<form	name="signupForm">
			<field	property="user.firstName"
					depends="required"
					page="1">
					<arg0 key="userInfo.firstName"/>
			</field>
		</form>

The thing is on the client-side it only checks if the field is not
empty, but passes fields with just Whitespaces. On the other hand on the
server side the check is full - both emptiness and whitespaces are
checked. Why? Have I forget to do something here?

Regards

-- Erez

RE: Validator 'required' question - please help

Posted by Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il>.
Thanks Mark, I am using the validator-rules.xml from 1.1 beat 3. And
yes, I am referring the validator-generated Javascript.

Here is a copy of the validator part of the 'required' taken from the
validator-rules.xml:

      <validator name="required"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateRequired"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
                  msg="errors.required">