Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by vroom <vr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/07 00:24:58 UTC

help: directReference, senderVouches & X509Certificate

I have a integration test coming up and have been trying for a few days to
figure out how to format a client-side SOAP message so it will be accepted
by a service.  The example client message I've been shown requires
senderVouches and has the clients' x509 certificate being transferred to the
service in the KeyInfo like so:

keyInfo
	x509Data
		x509Certificate

The message I'm generating with senderVouches and directReference places
provides:

Wsse:securityTokenReference
	wsse:BinarySecurityToken in header

keyInfo
	SecurityTokenReference
		Reference to BinarySecurityToken

My requirement therefore is to remove the
SecurityTokenReference/BinarySecurityToken from the header and add the
x509certificate to the KeyInfo.

The software stack I'm using is:
xFire 1.2.6
Wss4j 1.5.1
openSaml 1.0.1
Xmlsecurity 1.3

I'm trying to get it upgraded but its a very long and tedious process. Will
an upgrade supply this functionality?

RE: help: directReference, senderVouches & X509Certificate

Posted by vroom <vr...@gmail.com>.

Hi,

I've tried setting the SIG_KEY_ID to "X509KeyIdentifier" and
SKIKeyIdentifier and get an GeneralSecurityError that they are an
"Unsupported Key Identification".

Is there some other approach you would recommend?

Thanks,

-- Steve