Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 13:42:32 UTC

2009 Summer of Code

Hi,

I am surprised to not see JSPWiki on Apache's 2009 Summer of Code list:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009

Greetings,
Juergen

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> My preference would be some way to use either meta-data or
> categorization to
> organize my pages. It would also be great if I could establish
> standard
> templates for page types, i.e. "SpecTemplate" to pre-populate new
> pages and
> encourage consistency.

JSPWiki 3 has a very rich metadata model.  In fact, page content
becomes metadata itself around an more abstract concept of WikiPage
which can be viewed as a node in a tree.

The trunk already shows you what's possible, but be aware that it is
very broken atm.  It wouldn't work if you deployed it, for example...

/Janne

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.
In our in-house wiki we track many projects, and each project has pages of
certain types (specs, use cases, etc.). I tried (and we discussed here)
different meta-data solutions and eventually settled on a naming convention.
All pages are prefixed with the project name and suffixed with the page type

So for a project "My Project", a "Spec" called "User Interface" would have
the name "My Project User Interface Spec". I use various plugins to list
pages for a project by type, using this naming convention. As you can
imagine, this is fragile (i.e. renaming the "My Project" page would lose
track of all its pages until you manually rename them).

My preference would be some way to use either meta-data or categorization to
organize my pages. It would also be great if I could establish standard
templates for page types, i.e. "SpecTemplate" to pre-populate new pages and
encourage consistency.

Regarding editors, I have a half-way solution for page templates, but each
editor seems to require a different mechanism to pre-populate a page. The
"plain" editor can use the "clone" argument, but another editor requires you
to use the "_content" parameter (if I remember correctly). Currently, I only
support the "plain" editor and my users of other editors (I have FCK and
WikiWizard installed as alternatives) are on their own.

--
Bobman

AW: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by "Fischer, Nicola (ORISA Software GmbH)" <fi...@orisa.de>.
Hi,

____________

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI

Subwikis (called WikiSpaces https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-419)

Metadata https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-421

Both, BTW, already being worked on in 3.0 SVN trunk.

/Janne

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Bob Paige <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com>.
On my wish list-

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
The problem isn't the ideas, the problem is getting an Apache mentor
to oversee the project. I've got a dozen ideas myself, but I just
simply don't have the time to oversee anyone else (I do that enough in
my day job and at home ;-).  So if anyone is willing to step up to the
plate and function as a mentor I can offer as much support as I can.

The image import gets my vote too.  I would also like to see an one-
click opening of attachments so that when you press "save" it gets
automatically uploaded to the wiki. This would be possible to do with
a custom Flash or Java component which watches the saved file and
performs uploads.

/Janne

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@emdev.ru>.
Hi!

2009/3/19 Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>

> Had coffee with my colleages and chatted about JSPWiki feature additions:
>
> - easy (that is ctrl-C ctrl-V) import of images (attachments are way too
> complicated)
> - Eclipse RCP based editor

For this need to see MyLyn WikiText - just released as part of MyLyn 3.1

- pluggable wiki engines -> creole, mediawiki
> - a nice blog based on the wiki
> - import for Word documents (maybe via OpenOffice Writer and
> http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net/)
>
> Cheers,
> Juergen

With Best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin, EmDev Limited

Professional Software Development:
http://www.emdev.ru

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.

Janne Jalkanen-2 wrote:

>> I am surprised to not see JSPWiki on Apache's 2009 Summer of Code list:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009
>
> I am surprised to hear about such a thing :-)
>
> I don't know whether we have mentors available for this kind of a
> project though.  Anybody?
>
> /Janne

Well, first one would need project ideas for a student (doable, interesting,
self-contained) Got any?

Port away from Stripes to JSF or JSP 2.0 EL ?  ;-)

Oh, I know, the famous wysiwyg editor ..

Juergen

Re: 2009 Summer of Code

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.