Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Brent Shambaugh <br...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 17:53:04 UTC

Numbering on recreated LDP containers

Hello Everyone,

I was using curl to make post requests to create LDP containers. I noticed
that when I delete them and then create an LD P container with the same
name I get an LDP container with the title {original LDP container name}-1
or (any other following number based on the number of tries). Is there a
way to reset this numbering?

Thanks for your time.

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org

Re: Numbering on recreated LDP containers

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Brent,

that behavior is a combination of 5.2.3.10 and 5.2.3.11:

5.2.3.10 [https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#h-ldpc-post-slug] LDP servers may
allow clients to suggest the URI for a resource created through POST, using
the HTTP Slug header as defined in [RFC5023]. LDP adds no new requirements
to this usage, so its presence functions as a client hint to the server
providing a desired string to be incorporated into the server's final
choice of resource URI.

5.2.3.11 [https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#h-ldpc-post-dontreuseuris] LDP servers
that allow member creation via POST should not re-use URIs.

Unless you change the requested name (Slug header), Marmotta will follow
that numbering strategy to name new resources.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager