Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2003/07/04 02:25:42 UTC

Re: Single Sign-On over several Struts-based webapps

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, António Santos wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:27:28 +0000
> From: António Santos <an...@fe.up.pt>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Single Sign-On over several Struts-based webapps
>

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone knows of a Single-Sign On security system that can easily be
> integrated with a Struts web application? SecurityFilter doesn't have support
> for Single Sign-On.

(Today must be "ask about single sign on" day, since this has already come
up on earlier discussions :-)

Single Sign On support for Struts-based apps is no different than for any
other webapp.  Every J2EE container is required to support single sign on
when you're using container managed security -- consult the documentation
for your server for details of how to set it up.  In the particular case
of Tomcat, see:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

and scroll down to "Single Sign On" under "Special Features".

If you're not using container managed security, I'm not sure it's even
possible to implement single sign on without getting on the insides of
your app server's APIs.  Again, you'd have to consult the docs for your
server for details of what's possible.

> Thanks,
>
> Antonio Santos

Craig