Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 02:46:08 UTC

Fixing the build

Janne -- I think I am going to let you run with this. Let me know what
you need me to do. Comments below.

> Actually, I suspect that there is a problem somewhere in Priha's
> remove() method which means that our tearDown() methods aren't
> deleting the pages which have been created.  Or that we're using it
> wrong.

Could be!

> It should *also* be noted that I don't think we're committing the
> changes to the database properly in a whole lot of places - that is,
> we're not calling WikiPage.save().  This also concerns remove()s.

Good point. Could you quickly summarize what the rules for this ought to be?

By the way, the subclass/superclass relationship between
PageNotFoundException/PageAlreadyExistsException and ProviderException
is easy enough to restore. But in the meantime, it makes things easier
to diagnose in the short term if we leave them unhooked. Perhaps if we
want to keep the superclass relationships intact, we should create
another subclass of ProviderException (e.g., ContentManagerException)
that allows us to distinguish between problems with the provider
back-end and page existence/non-existence errors. Food for thought...
I'm open to persuasion whatever we do.

All that aside -- the JCR area is something I don't know a lot about,
and I thing it's wiser to punt JCR-related issues to you. I think, in
the short term, I'm going to straighten out some of the other errors
that aren't related to JCR.

Andrew