Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kcbxt8 <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 18:42:21 UTC

NameNotFoundException

I am trying to use a scriplet is jsp and place it in a web application on
TOmcat 6.

This is the error I got.

Nested exception is:javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name com.vignette.as.client.ejb.SiteOps
is not bound in this Context
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:770)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:137)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
at com.vignette.util.HomeFactory.lookupAnyHome(HomeFactory.java:329)
at com.vignette.util.HomeFactory.lookupHome(HomeFactory.java:272)
at com.vignette.util.HomeFactory.getHome(HomeFactory.java:189)
at
com.vignette.as.client.javabean.OpsFactory.createRemote(OpsFactory.java:232)
at com.vignette.as.client.javabean.OpsFactory.create(OpsFactory.java:96)
at com.vignette.as.client.javabean.Site.getLocalOps(Site.java:1018)
at com.vignette.as.client.javabean.Site.findByName(Site.java:438)

I tried the same code is an independent Java Class and it is executed
perfectly.
"com.vignette.as.client.javabean.Site" is a class in one of the jar files I
use.
PLease advice if I am missing something here.

Thank you,
Krishna Balam

RE: NameNotFoundException

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
have you checked your vignette class locates the applicable xml configuration?

http://global.vignette.com/docs/V7/rel7.3/cs/cmsruntime/com/vignette/as/client/javabean/ManagedObject.html#importXML(com.vignette.as.client.common.ref.ObjectTypeRef,%20java.lang.String,%20boolean)
  SubclassOfManagedObject myManagedObject = new SubclassOfManagedObject();
  ObjectTypeRef ref = myManagedObject.getObjectTypeRef();
  myManagedObject = ManagedObject.importXML(ref, xmlString, true);
making sure that xmlString is a String object that contains XML
  document
(with applicable jndi name)

then at minimum myManagedObject will be serialised
?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

RE: NameNotFoundException

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: kcbxt8 [mailto:chaitanya.b.reddy@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: NameNotFoundException
>
> but why does it work without any config in a stand alone
> java class using the same jar files.

Why do you think the class file will appear in any JNDI namespace?  What in the servlet or JSP specs (or Tomcat docs) gives you that idea?

 - Chuck

Re: NameNotFoundException

Posted by Ken Bowen <kb...@als.com>.
Is it possible you imported the file in the standalone class, but
didn't import it (or use the fully qualified name) in the jsp?

Re: NameNotFoundException

Posted by kcbxt8 <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: NameNotFoundException

Posted by kcbxt8 <ch...@gmail.com>.
I am following the structure this is class file in one of the libraries.
I use the same code in stand alone java class and it works fine.

RE: NameNotFoundException

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: kcbxt8 [mailto:chaitanya.b.reddy@gmail.com]
> Subject: NameNotFoundException
>
> Nested exception is:javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
> com.vignette.as.client.ejb.SiteOps
> is not bound in this Context

What steps did you take to populate the JNDI namespace?  You have to do something explicit to put things in there; there's no magic here.

> "com.vignette.as.client.javabean.Site" is a class
> in one of the jar files I use.

If you're trying to reference a class, just use it - the classloading mechanism will find it, assuming you've followed the webapp structure layout defined in the servlet spec.

- Chuck