Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Melcy Mahesh <me...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/17 14:27:56 UTC

Question from a Newbie

Hi,

I need to make remote procedure calls between two applications one in
Java (Client) and the other in C++ (Server). I plan to use xml-rpc for
the RPC. Is the Apache Implementation of xml-rpc interoperable with any
C++ Server implementation?
Can I use the Apache Java Client of xmlrpc and make the RPC calls to
some other Server implemented in C++? If so, is there any suggested C++
implementation?

Thanks,
Melcy

Re: Question from a Newbie

Posted by Emmanuel Delrue <ed...@sextant-informatique.com>.
Hi,

> I need to make remote procedure calls between two applications one in
> Java (Client) and the other in C++ (Server). I plan to use xml-rpc for
> the RPC. Is the Apache Implementation of xml-rpc interoperable with any
> C++ Server implementation?
Of course.

>Can I use the Apache Java Client of xmlrpc and make the RPC calls to
>some other Server implemented in C++? If so, is there any suggested C++
>implementation?
We use this C++ implementation : http://xmlrpcpp.sourceforge.net/
It works fine.

Manu