Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Harpreet S Walia <ha...@sansuisoftware.com> on 2002/06/25 06:26:26 UTC

Updating Documents in the index

Hi,

My application needs to provide a feature for updating documents in the index.
I am thinking of doing this by deleting the original document and indexing the updated one again , I think this is possible using the delete methods in the IndexReader class .

Is there some other better way to achieve this with lucene .

Thanks and Regards
Harpreet

RE: Updating Documents in the index

Posted by "Nader S. Henein" <ns...@bayt.net>.
As their is no update in lucene, this is exactly what you need to do,
and I would advise you to batch your update and optimize after you update,
because the number of files baloon if you don't