Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Akemi Adachi <ak...@serpro.gov.br> on 2004/11/24 12:30:58 UTC

Subversion and ClearCase

Subversion could be a good solution to replace the ClearCase in our
company.
First of all, we are looking for some solutions to migrate ClearCase
repository to Subversion.

I visited the Kasia in a Nutshell site (http://www.unix-girl.com/cc2svn/)  with her  perl scripts to migrate the repository. It is very
interesting.
We downloaded the scripts and tried to use. Unfortunatelly, our operating
system is Windows 2000, then we changed some lines of the script.
There was some problems, because Windows don´t accept to execute two
commands separeted with ";". For example :
 "cd dir1 ; svn commit... ".
We had no success migrating clearcase repository. There were some errors
with commit.

Did anyone migrate a repository from ClearCase to Subversion using this or
another solution? Would you help us?
I will appreciate any help.

thanks in advance,
Akemi  Adachi
-----------------------
System Analyst  -  SCM Group
Federal Service of Data Processing - SERPRO

Re: Subversion and ClearCase

Posted by Filipe Sousa <na...@gmail.com>.
On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:30, Akemi Adachi wrote:
> Subversion could be a good solution to replace the ClearCase in our
> company.
> First of all, we are looking for some solutions to migrate ClearCase
> repository to Subversion.
>
> I visited the Kasia in a Nutshell site (http://www.unix-girl.com/cc2svn/)
> with her  perl scripts to migrate the repository. It is very interesting.
> We downloaded the scripts and tried to use. Unfortunatelly, our operating
> system is Windows 2000, then we changed some lines of the script.

Why don't you use the perl script in a linux system to migrate de repository.
After that, make a dump from subversion repository and use it on windows
2000.

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Christopher Ness wrote:

>If they are separated by &&'s then it becomes more difficult.  You will
>have to check the return value of the first program to see if it was
>successful or not, if it was execute the next command.

Actually not... Windows does indeed understand && and does the right thing.

Re: Subversion and ClearCase

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 07:30, Akemi Adachi wrote:
> We downloaded the scripts and tried to use. Unfortunatelly, our
> operating system is Windows 2000, then we changed some lines of the
> script.
> There was some problems, because Windows don´t accept to execute two
> commands separeted with ";". For example :
>  "cd dir1 ; svn commit... ".

If this is what is holding you back I'd suggest creating a batch file or
a perl script for each set of commands that are separated by
semi-colons.

If they are separated by &&'s then it becomes more difficult.  You will
have to check the return value of the first program to see if it was
successful or not, if it was execute the next command.

HTH's,
Chris

Re: Subversion and ClearCase

Posted by Patrick Smears <pa...@ensoft.co.uk>.
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Akemi Adachi wrote:

> Subversion could be a good solution to replace the ClearCase in our
> company.  First of all, we are looking for some solutions to migrate
> ClearCase repository to Subversion.
>
> I visited the Kasia in a Nutshell site
> (http://www.unix-girl.com/cc2svn/)  with her perl scripts to migrate the
> repository. It is very interesting.  We downloaded the scripts and tried
> to use. Unfortunatelly, our operating system is Windows 2000, then we
> changed some lines of the script.  There was some problems, because
> Windows don´t accept to execute two commands separeted with ";". For
> example :
>  "cd dir1 ; svn commit... ".  We had no success migrating clearcase
> repository. There were some errors with commit.

There exist a number of ports of 'bash' for Windows; you would probably
have more luck with one of these (since it would cope properly with ";",
"&&" etc). If not, it would be worth you posting the exact error messages
that you're seeing...

Patrick
--
The easy way to type accents in Windows: http://www.frkeys.com/