Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/23 17:05:38 UTC

addin war as dependency to a war porject

I just found yesterday that I can add war as dependency to a war project , I
wanted to embed camel web-console inot my app , I found in the forum to just
include war dependency in my pom and maven will do all the magic I added
the camel web console war a dependency and while building my project maven
logs said

[INFO] Adding overlay:
jar:file:/e:/dev/m2/repository/org/apache/camel/camel-web/2.7.1/camel-web-2.7.1.war!/

I saw the mprject.war it has so many other things  from   camel-web  .

I tought just by one line in pom will  magically add all the resources from
this app to my does it do this ?
how  can I access a severlet without mapping in my web.xml   how does this
work anyhow it did not work fro me ie  when I tried to acces a reource from
camel war it said resouirce not found , please explain me how to embed a war
in my war project ?

Re: addin war as dependency to a war porject

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
If you want multiple wars I think you are better of deploying an ear file.[1]

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Senior Java Developer~