Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Harwood <ma...@markharwood.com> on 2005/05/01 23:25:45 UTC

Folder redirection

Apologies if I missed this rather simple question in the FAQ's, but I
really did look.

I'm on fedora core 3, using spamassassin 3.0.3 with spamc/spamd.  All
seems to be working fine (probably as designed).  The headers are
getting rewritten just fine.  What I want to do is STOP the spam from
being written to separate folders (e.g. probably-spam, etc.) and let it
continue to be written to the regular mail folder (i.e.
/usr/spool/mail/user.

Don't see how I do that.  Help appreciated.

Mark <http://www.markharwood.com>

Re: Folder redirection

Posted by Mark Harwood <ma...@markharwood.com>.
Loren, Greg,

Thanks.  The problem was that I had set up a single-user config prior to
the system-wide config.  Greg, my system-wide config looks almost
exactly as you described.  Loren, your comment about procmail doing the
move reminded me that the single-user set up included a .procmailrc in
$HOME.  That file, of course, had the redirection in it.  I'm set.

Thanks again,
Mark

--
Mark Harwood
www.MarkHarwood.com <http://www.markharwood.com>

Re: Folder redirection

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.

Re: Folder redirection

Posted by "Gregory P. Ennis" <Po...@PoMec.Net>.
Mark,

Take a look at your /etc/procmailrc file which probably controls where
your spam is being routed.  This is the entry in my procmailrc file that
controls the spam to our system.

If had the entry below all you would need to do is to remove or comment
out all lines after "# This routine.....".

Take a look at this file on your system, if you can not find any entry
related to spamassassin there, then you are using a different method of
routing.

DROPPRIVS=YES

:0fw
 * < 256000