Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch> on 2007/06/05 16:02:34 UTC

[1.4] - empty «work» dir in default pub

Hi

The default publication «features» an empty folder called work (and
we currently have the same in our pub). Does it do anything (I know
what it is for in the build)?

thanks for help

Jürgen

Re: [1.4] - empty «work» dir in default pub

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:

> Am 05.06.2007 um 16:21 schrieb Richard Frovarp:
>
>> Jürgen Ragaller wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The default publication «features» an empty folder called work (and
>>> we currently have the same in our pub). Does it do anything (I know
>>> what it is for in the build)?
>>>
>>> thanks for help
>>>
>>> Jürgen
>>>

>> Lucene indexer stores data there. Saving or publishing content should
>> cause lucene to create directories there.
>>

> I can see that - is this why every publication has to provide an empty
> «work» direcory?
>
> Jürgen

Missed that, sorry. I would guess so, but I don't know 100%.
Publications created through the templating system have the Lucene data
already initialized in the work directory. The two lucene files that
reference that directory should create it if it doesn't exist.

Richard

Re: [1.4] - empty «work» dir in default pub

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch>.

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.