Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/09/10 05:32:31 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-M1-RC17

Hi,

I've fixed MNG-3748, where illegal elements in the settings.xml were not
triggering build failure. Anyway, this release candidate includes a fix
for that issue:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/current-maven-RC/

Enjoy, and let me know if you have problems.

Thanks,

-john

---
John Casey
Developer and PMC Member, Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Member, Apache Software Foundation
Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp

Maven concurrent builds Was: RE: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-M1-RC17

Posted by Chris Schmidt <cs...@prospricing.com>.
  Thanks for the information.  I'll keep tabs on the feature.  In the
meantime, using the local repository command may be the answer I need to
build under the same user account for multiple concurrent builds.

Thanks,

  Chris

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:32 AM, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've fixed MNG-3748, where illegal elements in the settings.xml were not
> triggering build failure. Anyway, this release candidate includes a fix for
> that issue:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/current-maven-RC/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejdcasey/stage/current-maven-RC/>

migrated our Hudson instance from RC-12 to RC-17, all still working fine !

Thanks,
Jorg

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-M1-RC17

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
Still works fine for my builds :-)

- Fabrice
bellingard@apache.org

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
I've been testing RC17 as the external version for m2eclipse and its much much
better than 2.0.9 or any of the other RC's. Its actually snappy.

had some really weird things with plugin resolutions and stack overflows
gioing on intermittently but they all look to be resolved.

good work.

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.1.0-M1-RC17

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Yeah, originalModel looks like it's saved off after inheritance occurs,
so the only thing I was able to do this go around was to keep it from
getting polluted by plugin information that's discovered by the plugin
manager during build execution...so, if you don't have a plugin version
legitimately from your POM or one of its parents, it won't ever appear
in the originalModel.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Seems fine here too

Posted by Peter Horlock <pe...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Wednesday 10 September 2008 John Casey wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/current-maven-RC/
>
> Enjoy, and let me know if you have problems.

No problems here with RC17.

thanks,
- martin