Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2008/12/01 21:12:46 UTC

maxWarmingSearchers

Hello all,

I'm having this issue and I hope I get some help.. :)

This following happens quite often ... even though searching  and indexing are on a safe side...

SolrException: HTTP code=503, reason=Error opening new searcher. exceeded

limit of maxWarmingSearchers=4, try again later.

I have increased the value of  maxWarmingSearchers to 8 and I still experience the same problem....

This issue is happening to the master solr server ,,,, changing maxWarmingSearchers  to higher value would help overcoming this issue ? or I should consider some other points ?

Another question is ? from your experience, do you think such error introduces server crash ?

thanks for your time..
ak

Get a bird’s eye view of the world with Multimap
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454059/direct/01/

RE: maxWarmingSearchers

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
thanks for your explanation  and time :)

RE: maxWarmingSearchers

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/122465943/direct/01/

RE: maxWarmingSearchers

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.

RE: maxWarmingSearchers

Re: maxWarmingSearchers

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
How long does it take for 1 of your searchers to warm up?
How often do slaves copy the index from the master?

It looks like the first one is slow relative to how often the index is being copied (and a new searcher is therefore being opened on the slave).  Reduce how often your index is being copied and your slaves should be happier.... or see why searchers are so slow to warm up.

Otis

RE: maxWarmingSearchers

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi ToddFeak,