Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 22:01:12 UTC

Commons-Compress status?

Hello,

I am writing an Java thick client app. where I want to extract Zip and
Tar.[gz|bz2] files and maintain Linux permissions. Instead of pulling
down all the dependencies of ant to do this, I found the
commons-compress. I see that the build has been in a failed state for
a while. I realize it is only a sandbox project, but is there a chance
to get a version that will install without test failures?

Failed tests:
  testReadPosixTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)
  testReadGnuTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)
  testWritePosixTar(org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarTestCase)

Thank you and hope to see this become an official project.

-Andrew

Re: Commons-Compress status?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
It's not showing much sign of activity.

Looking at the errors, it's not obvious to me what the problem is. For
some reason when it untars things they are coming out at a larger size
than they should. If I hang onto the tmp files and untar manually they
are the correct size, so it'll need more digging to figure out what
the problem is.

Hen