Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by bobby saputra <za...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/05 18:04:53 UTC

Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Hi There,

I am a beginner user in Cassandra. I hear from many people said Cassandra is
a powerful database software which is used by Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc.
So I feel interesting to study more about Cassandra.

When I performed integration process between Cassandra with Eclipse IDE (in
this case I use Java as computer language), I get trouble and have many
problem.
I have already followed all instruction from
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse, but this
tutorial was not working properly. I got a lot of errors and warnings while
creating Java project in eclipse.

These are the errors and warnings:

Error(X) (1 item):
Description Resource  Location
The method rangeSet(Range<T>...) in the type Range is not applicable for
the arguments (Range[]) RangeTest.java line 178

Warnings(!) (100 of 2916 items):
Description Resource Location
AbstractType is a raw type. References to generic type AbstractType<T>
should be parameterized AbstractColumnContainer.java line 72
(and many same warnings)

These are what i've done:
1. I checked out cassandra-trunk from given link using SlikSvn as svn
client.
2. I moved to cassandra-trunk folder, and build with ant using "ant build"
command.
3. I generate eclipse files with ant using "ant generate-eclipse-files"
command.
4. I create new java project on eclipse, insert project name with
"cassandra-trunk", browse the location into cassandra-trunk folder.

Do I perform any mistakes? Or there are something wrong with the tutorial in
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse ??

I have already googling to find the solution to solve this problem, but
unfortunately
I found no results. Would you want to help me by giving me a guide how to
solve
this problem? Please....

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Wira Saputra

Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
This works for me

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HowToDebug

--
w3m

Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Posted by Kuldeep Sengar <ku...@operasolutions.com>.
I'm also a beginner,
Really not sure if the source code is really necessary for eclipse IDE integration.
If you want to get it from GIT - get a git client, and rest all is kinda similar to SVN.

Thanks
Kuldeep singh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retransmission, dissemination or other use of any of the information contained in, or attached to, this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender. Please destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.
Opera Solutions LLC

Posted by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com>.
Binary package doesn't include source code, which you need to run
cassandra in Eclipse.
If you want to run cassandra in Eclipse, you need to download Source package OR
git repository, and then integrate it with Eclipse.
If you just want to run cassandra, you don't need to checkout source.

To clone cassandra git repository:
  % git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra.git
then the git will make "cassandra" directory in the current working directory.

To checkout cassandra-1.0.6 release:
  % cd cassandra
  % git checkout cassandra-1.0.6

Before loading the tree as Eclipse project:
  % and build
  % and generate-eclipse-files

good luck!
maki

--
w3m

Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Posted by dir dir <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yuki Morishita <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, ignore my reply.

--
w3m

Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Posted by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
w3m

Re: Integration Error between Cassandra and Eclipse

Posted by Chris Gerken <ch...@mindspring.com>.
I wouldn't worry about the warnings.  Eclipse Java support defaults to fairly restrictive warning settings.  You can go into the preferences for Java->Compiler and change the 'warning' settings to 'ignore' for any of those problems that you don't or shouldn't really care about.

As for the error, is that a Test class or part of the main source body?

Chris Gerken