Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2004/03/08 20:12:07 UTC

JNDI DataSource clarification questions.

Now I am to the point of needing some clarification on JNDI.

Current config.
TC 4.1.29 Standalone
RH 9

Planned config
TC 5 (latest stable)
TAO Linux (Approx RH Enterprise)

I am running an application and using JNDI against MySQL. All is working
fine but!

1. I deploy via a war file. I must restart tomcat in order to see the
datasource after I remove and redeploy an app. If someone knows a solution
please advise. I am assuming that Tomcat must reread the server.xml in order
to pick up the ResourceLink.

2. With TC 5 I understand that the context portion can be contained in the
war and thus will be read upon deployment. Does this also mean that a
restart is not required?

Thanks,

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com