Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joel Shellman <jo...@ikestrel.com> on 2004/07/17 21:12:00 UTC

Trying to run subversion on Fedora Core 1

I'm trying to install fedora on what I think is a stock Fedora Core 1
installation (it's a virtual private server).

I just run yum install subversion.

It installs fine, but when I run svnadmin create myrepo, I get the
following error:

svn: Berkeley DB error
svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment for filesystem
testdb/db: Invalid argument

I've tried several things:

1) yum update
yum install subversion
(it installs version 0.32.1-5

2) Tried updating bdb to 4.2 first through yum update (changing repos to
use FC2 so it'll grab new stuff)
This installed 1.0.4-2 I think.

Both got the same error. What does that error mean?

uname -r:
2.4.20-021stab021.12.777-smp

Thanks,

-joel shellman

Re: Trying to run subversion on Fedora Core 1

Posted by Joel Shellman <jo...@ikestrel.com>.
I tried using the RPMs you suggested, but I still get the same errors.

 > That almost sounds like the NPTL problem that is talked about in the
 > FAQ.

So if I read the faq right, that means I need to build my own db4,
right? So if I install a source RPM of db4-4.2.52 it should work?

Thanks,

-joel shellman

Posted by Patrick Nelson <pn...@neatech.com>.

Posted by "pnelson@ak.npn" <pa...@neatech.com>.

Posted by Joel Shellman <jo...@ikestrel.com>.
So.... I went and grabbed source RPMS and built and installed:

db4(-devel) 4.2.52-3.1
apr(-devel) 0.9.4-21
apr-util(-devel) 0.9.4-16
subversion 1.0.5-1

I still have db4-4.1.25-14 installed because I saw a mail in the archive
suggesting to do that because of it being required by so many things.

I run ldd /usr/bin/svn and it shows libdb-4.2.so

I still get the same error.

-joel shellman

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt