Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Qun Wang <Qu...@morningstar.com> on 2012/11/21 07:07:55 UTC

Using SolrCloud for update often lose response and get 503 error

Hello,

Does anyone get the error of 503 when update by using SolrCloud? In my test I found that if update too frequency Solr often get 503 error and all servers inaccessible. Could someone provide any suggestion for how to avoid this issue?
I used 200 threads for building index, and each thread submit 100 documents to server, and when running for a time, server would lost response for update, otherwise, search is not unreachable at the same time.

Thanks.

Re: Using SolrCloud for update often lose response and get 503 error

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi

200 threads sounds excessive.  Maybe you are DOSing your Solr cluster. Try
with fewer threads and increase until you get to the point of diminishing
returns.  You may simply be consuming all available container threads,
which you could increase, but that may not make indexing any faster.

Otis
--
SOLR Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.