Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by irfan ali <al...@jaydemail.com> on 2002/05/20 21:08:59 UTC

Generating JPGs using Batik

Hi,

We are transforming an XML document to SVG by applying an XSL
transformation. We are successfully doing this from the command line
using Xalan 2.3.1. We then transform the file to a jpg using batik,
again through the command line.

We now have batik installed on Apache 2.0 server, and are looking to
generate accomplish the whole conversion from XML->SVG->JPG through
the server.

How can I get started doing this. Does anyone have some sample JSP
files that we can look at. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Irfan

--
===

Another FREE service from Jayde Online <http://www.jayde.com>
Private, Web-based email accounts at http://www.jaydemail.com

Powered by Outblaze

Re: Generating JPGs using Batik

Posted by "Michael P. McCutcheon" <mi...@value.net>.
The transcoder API maybe?

http://xml.apache.org/batik/rasterizerTutorial.html

Mike

Posted by "J. David Eisenberg" <ca...@catcode.com>.
On Tue, 21 May 2002, irfan ali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are transforming an XML document to SVG by applying an XSL
> transformation. We are successfully doing this from the command line
> using Xalan 2.3.1. We then transform the file to a jpg using batik,
> again through the command line.
>
> We now have batik installed on Apache 2.0 server, and are looking to
> generate accomplish the whole conversion from XML->SVG->JPG through
> the server.
>
> How can I get started doing this. Does anyone have some sample JSP
> files that we can look at. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Irfan

Go to http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/svgess/ and choose the "examples"
link. The sample files for chapter 13 do what you want, although they use
a plain servlet rather than Java Server Pages (JSP).

Full explanation of the code is in the book, which, as the author, I
highly recommend that you read <grin/>.

--
J. David Eisenberg  http://catcode.com/