Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Marco Piccinni <ma...@libero.it> on 2008/11/06 15:28:42 UTC

consume web service throught a web application

Hi all,

I'm new in web service world and I'm trying (just to understand how it works) to realize a web application (possibly in java) to consume helloworld web service. What I would like to do is to realize this web application directly from the wsdl generated by this web service. What's the best way to proceed?

thanks to all

Marco Piccinni

Re: consume web service throught a web application

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
There is two ways you can approach this,

1.If you are developing a client application that is not SCA aware,
you can treat helloworld web service as any other web service and the
regular ways to access the web service would apply. You still can use
URI?wsdl and have Tuscany runtime generate the wsdl for you in this
case.

2.If you are developing an SCA client application, you could follow
what we have in the calculator-ws-webapp [1], and you would define an
SCA Reference to your service.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/samples/calculator-ws-webapp/

--
Luciano Resende