Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Worik Stanton <wo...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 01:59:23 UTC

Why is RecuestRec::path_info sometimes empty?

In my handler I call $r->path_info to determine the path used to call my
script.

I am trying to have a test version of my code using the same module but
which reads different data based on the path.

So I have:

<Location /MyPackage2>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler Apache::MyPackage::FrontEnd2
</Location>
<Location /MyPackage2Test>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler Apache::MyPackage::FrontEnd2
</Location>

In FrontEnd2....

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;
    warn $r->path_info;
    if($r->path_info =~ /test/i){
        ## Load test data
    }else{
       ## Load real data
    }

This works for another package I have exactly like this, but in this
case $r->path_info is empty.

I am stumped.

Worik

--
The only true evil is turning people into things....
                                         Granny Weatherwax