Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Pid <pi...@pidster.com> on 2010/06/21 10:57:53 UTC

Multiple implementations, different versions

In the case where a user/consumer/client is integrating with multiple
different Providers who are not all implementing the same version of
OAuth, we would need to ensure implementations of each version are able
to co-exist.

This is partially addressed by passing a version into the initial static
method on o.a.amber.OAuth, but we'd also need to ensure that
implementations are in compatible but parallel sub-packages.

Say:

 o.a.amber.implv10...
 o.a.amber.implv20...

Thoughts/problems?

Re: Multiple implementations, different versions

Posted by Pid <pi...@apache.org>.
On 23/06/2010 09:01, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am wondering if it would be worth to handle versions programmatically with
> a proper design instead of a strict package subdivision.

Yes, maybe.  The originbal idea was to 'discover' implementations and
select one with the/a matching Version.

I was thinking about it in terms of the expressed preference for
separating source into modules - so if you didn't need to support v1.0
you didn't have to deploy that impl jar.

> It would sound cleaner and easier to maintain to me, but I am still thinking
> about how to do it in practice so I am open to any opinion about that.

There is a related problem with how to ensure the Spec API remains
relatively consistent between OAuth versions, despite the
implementations differing considerably.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.