Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Vijay Anjur <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/10 13:18:55 UTC

Re: DBPC - Tomcat 5.5 JDBC Configuration Query

I am having similar problems. I am monitoring how the connections grow and
shrink in the database. It looks like the timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis,
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis parameters govern the idle connections being
closed and growth of the connections. You need to tune these 2 parameters in
order to optimize the growth of the connections in the pool. I am still
playing with the numbers and it doesn't look straight forward.

-Vijay