Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Vladimir Protsenko <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/25 16:19:25 UTC

Storm UI JPS inconsistent process name

Hello,

Is it hard to change jps process name of apache storm UI? I have noticed
that in my system with storm 1.1.0 it has a definetly nonunique and cryptic
name 'core'.

Best,
Vladimir Protsenko

Re: Storm UI JPS inconsistent process name

Posted by Bobby Evans <bo...@apache.org>.
The name comes from the name of the main class being executed.  For the ui
it is coming from clojure and is core.  The only way I know to change it is
to change the name of that class, which we probably will do when we finally
translate it to java.

You could also use -i to get the full package name that would have ui in
it.

Also depending on the version of storm you have we tag each of the daemon
processes with the command line option '-Ddaemon.name=' so that tools can
find it by doing a `ps -aef | grep daemon.name=ui`