Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/23 21:18:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] New community section for articles/blogs/papers

Hi all,

Taking the recent email of Gavin [1] (sharing his article on GraphQL to SQL
conversion) as a motive, I wanted to see what people think of creating a
new section in the website for putting this and other useful stuff such as
Michael's notebooks, Querifylabs blogs [2], etc.

We could have one or more new bullets under the community page [3]. WDYT?

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/3kgwsg18bglszfm51ngy1m58fnh9dd2c
[2] https://www.querifylabs.com/blog
[3] https://calcite.apache.org/community/

Re: [DISCUSS] New community section for articles/blogs/papers

Posted by Gavin Ray <ra...@gmail.com>.
Huge +1, if everyone could share links to resources they have found that
helped them it would be great.
For instance, Vladimir Ozerov from Querify Labs has a Notion document (in
Russian, but you can use Google Translate) that I discovered from a
presentation he gave:

https://querifylabs.notion.site/Apache-Calcite-SQL-Java-be85ad4f6b5d41c48a484ad3f57d1e22

It has ~50 resource links about everything from Calcite to general query
optimization/planning theory, amazing!

I agree with Yanjing as well, it would be very useful to put them on the
website docs somewhere.
Maybe a "Learning Resources" page or something like that?

-----

As a side note, would anyone else be interested in a Calcite Slack/Discord
server?
For when you have very small questions you don't want to clutter up the
mailing list with/for sharing resources, etc

I have been asking some of the more basic questions in the Substrait Slack
#random channel, but it's only because there is a crossover between
Substrait users and Calcite users.
Jacques probably doesn't appreciate me abusing his server, ha.

Posted by Yanjing Wang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiong Duan <xi...@apache.org>.
+1. This will be very helpful.

Posted by Jing Zhang <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Stamatis
I have created a PR [1] to add a new section in the community page, welcome
to review.
[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2703

Best,
Jing Zhang

Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> 于2022年1月27日周四 06:12写道:

Posted by Jing Zhang <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Stamatis
Thanks for driving this discussion.
I would like to create a PR for the community content in the following days
of this week.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicola Vitucci <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.