Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ben Gill <Be...@t-mobile.co.uk> on 2004/10/15 10:56:41 UTC

Converting first char in a string to lower case

Hi,

I have a string 'Foo' that I want to change to 'foo'.  Is there any way
of doing this in ant?

I have looked at the regex stuff but I don't think that will do the
job...

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Re: Converting first char in a string to lower case

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Ben
You must speaking of changing the value of a property which by design are
'immutable'
Have you look at ant-contrib variable task?
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/variable_task.html
HTH,
Martin-

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,
I think that this is possible <script> tasks. See here
for a similar sample:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=109156218522906&w=2