Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Fidel Leon <ea...@ea3lf.net> on 2006/06/19 21:49:22 UTC

GTUBE

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of googling and archiving search for no success, so I
ask here for an answer...

I am currently using SA 3.0.6, as a system-wide spam filter integrated with
Qmail. For Qmail, I am using qmail-scanner, which has a config tool that
"prepares" qmail in order to be able to use SA.

The question is: the qmail-scanner config tool relies *exclusively* on GTUBE
to check for a spam-nasty.eml with the GTUBE signature in it. SA 3.0.6
recognizes the mail as spam, but 3.1.2 simply gives 0.0 score for the mail..

I have checked what the configuration script does, and it simply calls
'spamc -U /var/run/spamassassin/spamd.socket < spam-nasty.eml' for the test.

I have 10000 points score hit for GTUBE in my configuration files (which are
read as per debug log).

Any kind advice...? I could keep using 3.0.6, but...

Fidel Leon - EA3LF
ea3lf@ea3lf.net

Re: GTUBE

Posted by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz>.
Fidel Leon wrote:
> The question is: the qmail-scanner config tool relies *exclusively* on GTUBE
> to check for a spam-nasty.eml with the GTUBE signature in it. SA 3.0.6
> recognizes the mail as spam, but 3.1.2 simply gives 0.0 score for the mail..
>
> I have checked what the configuration script does, and it simply calls
> 'spamc -U /var/run/spamassassin/spamd.socket < spam-nasty.eml' for the test.

Your installation of SA is broken.

I've got 3.1.3, and GTUBE still scores 1000. I see you mention using the
socket file option - maybe something is wrong with that on your system?

Actually, I bet it is a permission problem. Qmail-Scanner runs as
qscand, and I bet you have spamd running as a different usercode. Either
change SA to run as "qscand", or add qscand to the "spamc" group. And
restart spamd.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417