Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2009/04/16 21:35:21 UTC

Maven 2.1.0 - changelog-2.0 throwing authentication error

Hello team.

My set-up is:

Maven 2.1.0 on Windows
SVN 1.4.2 via Apache on Windows
maven-changelog-plugin 2.0 on Windows

I am close to generating my m2 sites successfully, but I am seeing this error on the changelog part.

[INFO] Generating changed sets xml to: xxx\target\changelog.xml
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive log -v -r "{2009-03-17 19:21:02 +0000}:{
2009-04-17 19:21:02 +0000}" http://xxx
[INFO] Working directory: xxx
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: PROPFIND request failed on 'xxx'
svn: PROPFIND of 'xxx
': authorization failed (http://xxx)

After a bit of Google searches, I found http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGELOG-91, so I decided to use the latest released version of the maven-scm-plugin of 1.2 as below, but this has not solved the problem.

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.2</version>
        <configuration>
          <username>${scm_username}</username>
          <password>${scm_password}</password>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Here, I put maven-scm-plugin into the <build> <plugins> section, and have the SVN username and SVN password in my settings.xml.

Please advise as to what I am doing wrong.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]