Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by lm...@ca.ibm.com on 2001/03/20 19:19:38 UTC

planning the next xerces-1 release

Now that 1.3.1 is out, I thought we should start planning the next xerces-1
release.   I'm hoping we can try to target the remaining schema support for
this release.       In the next day or so I'll attempt to post a list of
the outstanding schema line items that we need to focus on.    Although our
last release plan listed some of these features (see:  "Post 1.3.1 schema
features" in [1]), the list is incomplete...   Among other things, the PR
version of the schema spec was just announced, and there are some changes
we'll need to make to be compliant with it.

In any case, I hope to post the list shortly...
Thx,
Lisa.

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/xml-xerces/java/RELEASE-PLAN-1.3.1

Re: planning the next xerces-1 release

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Great.

One piece that I'd be interested in working on would be support for
<annotation>
and all the related sub elements.

Also, at the moment there 40 open bugs (not all of which should be fixed) on
X1.
Could I propose that we try to prioritize the bugs and then list the bug
numbers to
be fixed in the release plan for the next version?

One last thought, one thing that may help people get involved would be to
post
a release plan without names next to features and allow people to volunteer
for
features / bugs.  It would be especially good to note whether or not a fix /
feature
would be easy for someone new to work on.

Ted

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
lmartin@ca.ibm.com wrote:
> this release.       In the next day or so I'll attempt to post a list of
> the outstanding schema line items that we need to focus on.    Although our

I would assume that it includes making any changes from the CR2
to PR draft. Also, since a subset of XPath has been defined for
use with identity constraints, the identity constraint code has
to be changed. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do this work
right now although I know it's going to require some significant
changes to the way I originally designed and implemented that
support. Should this be removed? left back a level? made a
priority to fix before 1.3.2? ...