Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sam Lee <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/25 09:14:58 UTC

How to Integrate Lucene/Nutch with Mysql?

Hi,
 My network is designed to have a bunch of advertisers
to enter their ads with keywords.  I think of using
mysql to store those, and then use lucene and part of
nutch to index them from mysql db, so that the
websites can find and show the ads.  But how do I
integrate lucene/nutch with mysql?  Do you have any
recommendation about websites that talk about that or
have examples?

I know that nutch has its own file system.  But it's
not possible to throw mysql db all away, right?  I
think I got to use some kind of db like mysql because
data can be changed easily.

Many thanks.

Re: How to Integrate Lucene/Nutch with Mysql?

Posted by Sam Lee <vi...@yahoo.com>.
I know of phpadnew, what else?  But it doesn't suit my
need, phpadnew is designed more for website
publishers.  I need something that is designed for
both advertisers and website publishers.

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Posted by Sam Lee <vi...@yahoo.com>.
No, I need to use mysql.
thanks.