Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mickael Istria <mi...@redhat.com> on 2019/06/26 14:51:35 UTC

Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Hi all,

Eclipse m2e did include a newer release of Maven in order to greatly
improve its performances. This release was 3.6.1 (3.6.0 had a bug making
some of its APIs unusable by m2e internals).
However, Maven 3.6.1 also breaks compatibility with Eclipse Tycho. It was
the topic of a Jira, that was fixed.
The only way to get it all working would be to adopt a newer version of
Maven in next release of m2e (in September).

Is there a date already set for 3.6.2 release?
Could it be pretty soon as this issue is basically hurting all Eclipse
plugin developers (which we assume 99% use the Eclipse IDE and Eclipse
Tycho) ?

Thanks in advance

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE <https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/>

Re: Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com.INVALID>.
Tibor, Thank you for following up.
I'm the author of PR#39 <https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver/pull/39>. I
believe the bug MRESOLVER-93
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-93> has been in
maven-resolver for a while. Added comment in the PR summary.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 7:58 AM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Il mer 21 ago 2019, 10:37 Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> ha
> scritto:
>
> > > Is it a regression compared to last release
> >
> > This was also my question but anyway the bug looks scarying and it is an
> > indicator of hanging Maven
> > So we should ask the authour of the PR:
> > https://github.com/apache/maven-resolver/pull/39
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tibor17
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 12:39 AM Mickael Istria <mi...@redhat.com>
> > wrote:

> author's
> > >

> > > Is it a regression compared to last release? If not, I don't think it
> > > should be made a blocker for upcoming release.
> >

> I agree.
> If do not have other blocker we should cut a release as soon as possible
>
> Enrico

Tomo

Re: Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mickael Istria <mi...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mickael Istria <mi...@redhat.com>.
Have things improved so the release can now be planned soon?

Re: Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il gio 1 ago 2019, 20:58 Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Am 2019-08-01 um 20:53 schrieb Mickael Istria:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Any news here?
> >

> I think we basically need to fix MNG-6713 and MNG-6716 and then need to
> stand up as RM.

There is a big work going on.
Once we have a stable master branch I can try to perform the release
procedure

Enrico

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Posted by Mickael Istria <mi...@redhat.com>.
Hey all,

Any news here?

Re: Re: Asking for release: Eclipse 2019-06 incompatible with Tycho because of Maven 3.6.1 bug

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
In the mean time I am running the integration tests of maven core on my
linux box and I have a bunch of failures, I am investigating.

Enrico

Il giorno mar 9 lug 2019 alle ore 14:25 Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net>
Posted by Michael Osipov <19...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
Before the release of 3.6.2 please consider to cut a release of
plexus-utils, which has PRs for two important issues:

DirectoryScanner traverses directories despite limited inclusions
<https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-utils/issues/63>
XML processing instructions with embedded '>' fail to parse
<https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-utils/issues/65>

TIA,
Gabriel

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.